Sunday, May 11, 2014

Day +120: Biking By The Bay

We're at the Eastern Shore for a weekend getaway. This vacation is our Mother's Day gift to Mom, and I think we've all benefited from this much needed relaxation. After all, we've been through so much.

Yesterday, I rode a bike. I can't remember the last time I rode one. It was in 2008 when I was told by my doctors not to ride a bike or play any sports due to my low platelets.

This weekend, I decided to give it a try. It felt liberating. The air felt fresh and my bike felt swift...that's until I fell and had mud all over my butt.  I was disappointed but got up, brushed it off and kept on riding.

We all go through numerous bumps on the road, but we have to keep getting up and keep on riding.

Today, we rode again and it was perfect and fun. My legs ached, but I didn't fall.


I want to feel all there is to feel, he thought. Let me feel tired, now, let me feel tired. I mustn't forget, I'm alive, I know I'm alive, I mustn't forget it tonight or tomorrow or the day after that.
(Dandelion Wine)

9 comments:

  1. what a big victory!!!!

    here's to more victories on a daily basis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayni! Looking good ♥ Good to know that your bike ride was a success :)

    I've missed reading your blog and blogging. slowly catching up.

    ♥kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, Good to see you. A lot of the bloggers we know have stopped writing. I miss all of them.

      Delete
  3. A beautiful quote. I am so glad you are better and able to ride a bike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loree, I am too. I thought I won't be able to bike ever again. It's good to be here.

      Delete
  4. Glad to see you outdoors, and having a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, I miss the outdoors so much. More than two months in the hospital is too long.

      Delete
  5. Looking good! We went biking in Gardena neighborhood too - Ate's three wheeled bike so i was poised even wearing a peacoat haha.

    I don't know though if I can balance on two wheels. The last time I rode something like yours was 10 years ago.

    ReplyDelete