Monday, December 22, 2014

Waiting For Christmas

Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more! (Dr. Seuss)

After I submitted my research papers this fall semester, Kepi and I got busy with decorating our home.  Here's our Christmas Tree.
This year, I decided to bake cookies and muffins as gifts for our neighbors.  These are the chocolate chip cookies.
Blueberry Muffins with crumbs.
After they've cooled down, I packed them in Christmas boxes with candy stripes liners.
Each neighbor got ten chocolate chip cookies and four muffins.
I love the candy stripes liners.
This is the set up of our dining table.
I think we're ready for our Christmas dinner.
Simple centerpiece - a red lamp and jars of red and silver ornaments.

Yes, I've been so excited for this year's Christmas.  I have so many reasons to be excited. First, I am getting nearer my one year re-birthday for my bone-marrow transplant.  Second, I have a beautiful home blessed with a loving husband and two pets who love me unconditionally - Dizzy and Daisy.  Third, I have the unending love and support of my family and friends. Fourth, I will be another year older next month.

Truly, Christmas doesn't come from a store, but lives in the heart of each and everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all the blessings! Happy Christmas.

    You sure know how to decorate your house. I really love the clean, festive way your house looks. Every year I can't make up my mind on how to do the tree and the house. I think I'll make extra effort next year. We have minimalist theme this year. Am so tired and lazy, there I said it.

    Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. When I decorate, I always stick with the "less is more" idea.

      Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. I love that quote from the Grinch. It's a wonderful story with a great message. Your home looks lovely. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete