Sunday, September 3, 2017

26 Staples Later


The boy and his dog. A month after Kepi's brain surgery. Daisy got a free bath that day.

Perhaps it's time to pack the summer clothes away and air out the sweaters and stockings again. The first couple of days of September ushered in rain and the chilly autumn air. I've heard a few people complaining that they'll miss the warmth of summer, but I can't complain. I am grateful we survived the trials of August. Most of all, I am grateful for the support of family and prayers from friends all over the world. Kepi's surgery went smoothly and he is well on the road to recovery. Amazingly, he went back to work in less than two weeks. Although he still can't hear through his right ear (the surgery site), gets occasional headaches and complains of a metallic taste in his mouth, he is managing quite well. His medical team at the hospital was absolutely wonderful! I can't thank them enough.

After a long day at work, I love it when Daisy rests her face on my lap. I guess it's our special time together.

Although I'm still in the adjusting period, my new job is going well. It's "always" tough to be the newbie. I think we've all been there at some point of our careers. What's specially challenging is that my former position dealt with energy issues and now I'm dealing with banking issues. The learning curve is quite steep in addition to working with a younger more aggressive crowd. I survived my first month, so let's see where this new position takes me.

So here we are, 26 staples later (the number of staples required to close Kepi's wound). And we are going to pick up where we left off, continue to heal and fight, and look forward to what the future brings.

I hope you're all doing well. I'm still here.


9 comments:

  1. Hello there fluffy Daisy!!

    I have nothing else but admiration for you and Kepi as a couple! You just have many stories to tell.. of struggles and triumphs in the end. Thank you for taking time to write most of it and sharing it to the world.

    I'm glad to here that you are still there and hope you are all doing well ;) Just gotta keep moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yccos. It's been quite a challenge and a journey.

      Delete
  2. How amazing is that! One month later and he's back to his regular routine or somewhat regular routine. Incredible advancement in medical technology! All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear that Kepi's procedure went well and that the worst is behind you. Hope your job continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loree, Thank you. The new job is challenging at times, but I am going to take it each day at a time.

      Delete
  4. That's good news Kayni. God is great! :-)

    ReplyDelete