Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Second Week of Staying at Home

It's our second week of working at home. We live in the worse of times. I am hopeful that we may survive this and live to tell stories of hope, resilience, strength and love.

There are times I'd be sitting on the couch and the urge to drive to CVS would cross my mind. Then reality sets in and I'd ask myself if it is necessary to be out there. I'd think not. I'd go back to flipping channels on TV and go about watching whatever is on. Kepi and I have been at home for a whole week. We went out last Friday evening for a grocery run and purchased what we needed for the week. We've seen empty shelves of hand sanitizers, toilet papers, milk, eggs and even the meat section. Some people have been panic buying, but no panic buying or hoarding for us. We have to think of other people and that there's enough for everybody. In my opinion, panic buying is a selfish act.

I've been watching the news less. I try to focus on what's in front of me, of what I can control, and of what I can do to get through the day. As my boss would say every morning, another day closer to the other side.

For this work at home situation, I have to create a schedule I try to follow:
  •  6:30 am wake up, go for a 30 minute walk, shower afterwards
  •  7ish am breakfast, watch a little TV
  •  9 am work, conference calls
  •  11:30 am go for a lunch walk while calling Mom/Dad in Hawaii
  •  12 pm eat lunch
  •  12:30 pm back to work
  •  3 pm take a 15 minute break, have tea
  •  3:15 pm work some more
  •  5 pm sign off
  •  5:30 pm prepare dinner, eat, rest
  •  7 pm go for an evening walk if weather/time permits
The best part of my day are my walks. No matter how you're day is going, it's a beautiful world out there.

If it's not raining, I walk further in the morning and what a delight to pass through this blooming street.



It was a bit foggy when I went for this morning walk.

The Cherry Blossoms are here.

I love these flowers that bloom on the trunk.

I have taken over our dining table as my office, while Kepi is taking the home office upstairs. We try to work in separate areas so that we don't disturb each other during conference calls.

Here's Dizzy enjoying the warmth of  the Sun.

What about you? Do you have a routine while working at home? I hope you're all doing well.

Stay at home. Stay safe and healthy.

4 comments:

  1. Trying to stay sane through all of this. Maybe I should try to have a defined routine too. Ever since I've been working from home I've more or less given up on walking. I need to start again. My husband still has to go to work but my son and I are home all day. Tomorrow I will definitely go out for a drive in the countryside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A drive to the countryside sounds relaxing. Same here, we're both trying to cheer each other up and just call our family and friends almost every day. We will get through this.

      Delete
  2. I try allot just 10 minutes at the most on social media like fb, instagram and twitter. Quite depressing and very heartbreaking to read news about the pandemic. I have worked from home for a decade now and I still don't have a routine. With this lockdown, hubby is home so he has the computer room to himself while I tend to take my laptop all over from the kitchen (dining table is my desk) to the bedroom where I have a tiny desk. Stay safe and healthy and let us all pray and hope for the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly don't mind switching to working at home now that I'm doing it. It's less stressful especially that I don't have to deal with my daily hectic commute. Sending hugs from Maryland. Stay well.

      Delete