Thursday, July 2, 2020

York River State Park

It felt good to go away for a few days.

Kepi and I headed to Virginia for a short weekend trip. Our plan is to hike and visit state parks there. It's the best choice especially that we'd both want to explore and practice social distancing at the same time. There weren't too many people at the York River State Park when we visited, so we weren't too worried about being exposed to too many people.

We'd love to come back with a kayak next time and paddle through this winding river. 

This is the bridge that would take you to Fossil Beach. 

A calming view at the Fossil Beach. 

It was hot when we started our hike, but there was a soft breeze from the river felt absolutely refreshing.

This is my entry for Skywatch Friday.

21 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous and looks so peaceful. I would love it there, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really enjoyed out time there. It was very relaxing and quiet.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. It does look like the perfect place to explore in a kayak. Next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...what a gem of a place the York River State Park is! Blue, green and sand, it doesn't get much better, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It has everything we need for a quick getaway.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful landscape! I love it when small rivers flow through a meadow like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, it looks like a beautiful park. I will add this one to my must visit list.
    Your photos are beautiful. Take care, Enjoy your 4th of July weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I highly recommend this place.

      Happy 4th of July!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It is a great place. The hike takes you along the river.

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness, that is a beautiful state park! I would love to spend a few days there~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Hi Anita, Yes, it's a great place to just relax and have some quiet time.

      Delete
  9. oh it looks like a really nice spot, I would be tempted to sit on the sand and bake in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fossil Beach seems like a nice place to visit. I'm glad you shared such nice photos. Wishing you an enjoyable week.

    ReplyDelete