Saturday, July 18, 2009

Under The Weather

When you live by yourself, life gets tough when you fall ill. These are the days when you long for home, terribly miss Mom's encouraging words and home cooking. I have been feeling under the weather since Thursday, but I shrugged it off and went to work anyway. Now, I feel really tired and my world seems to be spinning. Today was spent lying down on my couch just coughing and sniffling. These are the days I turn to the comfort of watching movies I really enjoy. Sick days are movie marathon days. I dug into my DVD collection and so far, I've seen Rush Hour 1 and 2, Music and Lyrics, The Holiday, The Forbidden Kingdom, Big Momma's House, and now an old time favorite - While You Were Sleeping. Let me cough and sniffle, as I fill myself with a warm soup of Pork Sinigang and a cup of Chamomile tea.

Here's my favorite line from the movie, While You Were Sleeping, it gets me every time:
Do you believe in love at first sight? Nah, I betcha don't, you're probably too sensible for that. Or have you ever, like, seen somebody? And you knew that, if only that person *really* knew you, they would, well, they would of course dump the perfect model that they were with, and realize that YOU were the one that they wanted to, just, grow old with. Have you ever fallen in love with someone you haven't even talked to? Have you ever been so alone you spend the night confusing a man in a coma?

24 comments:

  1. oh Kayni while you were sleeping is among my all time favorite movies too.. went to see it with my sis and bought it's dvd when it was released.. i just forgot to bring it with me when i came here. i just brought movies with english subtitles for alex...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops... forgot to say get well the soonest Kayni...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do believe in love at first sight :-) i like that movie too, kinda cute..

    get well soon Kayni.. hugggs from here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you believe I haven't watched While You Were Sleeping yet? Nakakakilig naman yung lines. I'd buy a dvd of that. I hope you're feeling better now. Sinigang is a perfect comfort food. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jehan, Artemis, and Wits, Thank you. I'm off to see the Dr. this Monday. I agree, this movie is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon! Take care... Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pork Sinigang and DVD Marathon is a good combination for sick days. Hope you get well soon, Kayni. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. get well soon kayni! *hugs* i agree that sinigang is the best comfort food.

    uhmm...while you were sleeping. i think i'll ask hubby to buy me a dvd of that movie. matagal-tagal na rin akong hindi nagrerequest ng movie sa kanya ah. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey hope you feel better soon.

    i love that movie, too! that reminds me i should get that for my DVD collection :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh funny! Ces and i we're just talking last night how did we became as a couple. He asked why i chose to remain single for four years - since the day i met him at a coffee shop. And i admitted (blame it to the tequila) that i think i loved him from the first sight.

    I still have to watch While You Were Sleeping. Thank you for sharing. And i hope you are well now. Hug you tight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. while you were sleeping is on my top ten movies that i have watched a thousand times over.

    i'm sending you a bowl of piping hot cyber arroz caldo. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much friends. I'm feeling much better today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Have you ever fallen in love with someone you haven't even talked to?"

    I did. It's about two years now and we are still very much in love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. glad you're feeling better now. take care!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stay healthy, Kayni! ^^ "While You Were Sleeping" is nice but not so romantic. TT.TT I don't know. I just didn't feel the chemistry between Sandra and her partner. [sorry can't remember the name] ^^;;

    ReplyDelete
  16. kayni i hope you feel better. i agree that the worst time to fall ill is when you are alone. i've experienced that too when i was still living in a dorm and it was so hard because i also had to take care of myself. hugs to you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  17. that's the reason why i can't leave home. yung feeling na magkasakit. kasi up to now, si mama ang taga alaga ko. from the pagpunas, pagkuha ng temp, pagpainom ng gamot and katabi ko pa sya matulog. hugs for you my friend! pagaling ka ah! :)

    i watched that movie a lot of times na rin. watch sleepless in seattle din. ganda rin yun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Angeli, I think we're sort of wearing the same shoe...lol. Watch out for a future entry.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i've been on the verge of falling ill these past 2 weeks, but thankfully i seem to be hanging on by the skin of my teeth (thanks to flu medicines). btw, While You Were Sleeping remains a personal favorite. get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Onyxx, Thank you. I am much better today.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just a follow-up----

    When you're feeling better and able to get up, come over my site (www.calrat.blogspot.com), I have an award waiting for you to pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I live alone too and it's a bit of a bummer if you're all alone and sick. I have DVD collections too so they can keep me company in times when I need to hibernate.

    I haven't seen While You Were Sleeping in a long time. Which reminds me to look for it in shops when DVD sale season is on again.

    Hope all is well with you. :-)

    ReplyDelete