Friday, April 22, 2011

My Fairytale Walk

I've featured DC's Cherry Blossoms a lot, but I think it's time I turn the spotlight to Maryland. I heard there are several places where one can enjoy the Cherry Blossoms in Maryland and one of them is Bethesda. If DC offers the splendid glimmer of the Tidal Basin and the beauty of it's monuments, this offers the tranquil suburban feeling and a fairytale like setting.

Sometimes, words simply cannot capture the real meaning of emotions and that's what it felt like when I was walking underneath these Cherry Blossoms. The beauty I've experience there is ambrosial in every way.

DSCN6482
Literally, it was like walking underneath a cloud of pink and white blossoms.
DSCN6468
There were no noisy crowds to deal with - only the murmur of the stream,
DSCN6467
the blooms swaying to the gentle breeze that day,
DSCN6465
the streets paved with fallen flowers fit for a princess,
DSCN6464
the sweet sigh of each flower,
DSCN6463
the branches bowing to beauty,
DSCN6462
flowers framing houses,
DSCN6461
the private pathways littered with blossoms,
DSCN6460
 the trees wanting to paint the soil pink,
DSCN6456
the picture perfect roadways,
DSCN6444
the perfect tree poses,
DSCN6443
the waters turned pink,
DSCN6441
and roads like this that make fairytales come true.

This was most definitely a walk to remember.

14 comments:

  1. Picture-perfect ang fairy-tale like indeed! Love your shots Kayni and your words too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen a place look so pretty. It looks like a magical place with all those beautiful blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to take a walk there too--so beautiful. I'd feel like a wood nymph!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW (i can't close my mouth) that one s soooo beautiful. it's real;y a fairytale walk. i would just stand there and just shoot all day. sana meron nyan sa pinas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. just amazing! I would love to walk underneath those branches;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. just so beautiful and magical :) What lucky home owners too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks divine. Had you not posted that close up shot, I assume they're inherently and beautifully tiny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great photos. Parang postcards ang dating.I agree it's a magical place indeed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Japanese feel and appeal!

    you might want to join us at postcard perfect! will be posting later a new linky :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow.. poetry in motion ("; thanks for posting this Kayni.. your pictures are so beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Kakainggit na tahimik diyan at hindi super crowded!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that was an incredible tour.

    Hoped your Easter was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! it's beautiful, kayni. I wish I can live in a place like this one.

    ReplyDelete