Monday, October 3, 2011

Visiting Tallinn, Estonia

Setting aside my current health issues, here's reminiscing my travel to Tallinn earlier this year. What I found most intriguing with Tallinn is the small, old town feel. The people there were welcoming and I love the abundance of shops and authentic Estonian restaurants. Although our visit there was quick, I found myself mesmerized by the Old Town's charm, the warmness of the people and the good ol' feel of a historic medieval town.

It was early in the morning when we walked to the Old Town. It was still quiet.

These passage entry way to restaurants are very common in the Old Town.



Church of the Holy Spirit or Puha Vaimu Kirik - the oldest church in Tallinn.

This church building is dated all the way to the 13th century. 

According to the church pamphlet, this is the first congregation where services were held in the Estonian language (1531).



The painted pictures inside the church are called as the "pauper's bible."

7 comments:

  1. Kumusta mng Karen, I suppose adan ni Mother mo around with you?

    It's nice to see you blogging still, for us napigsa ka :-)

    Salamat again for the virtual tour, this time in Tallin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. It's so pretty and has such a lot of charm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. breathtaking. ang ganda! (i am easily awed at old things)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kayni, how are you? I hope you're doing better.

    That's a beautiful place prfectly captured in your pictures. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful house structures, more vibrant colors and they look like candy houses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Gremliness, I'm ok...taking one day at a time. Mama's arriving this Friday. I'm excited :).

    @ Josiet, I'm well...thank you. Just living each day one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. those pastel colored structures make this place so pleasing to the eyes! and the interiors of the church is equally quaint... thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete