Friday, September 30, 2011

My Mind Is "Some Place"

These days, I find it tough to blog.

My mind is just "some place" and although I've been wanting to update this blog, I still have tons of photos to share from my last trip, the desire is not there. Perhaps because I have so much in my mind regarding my coming treatment. For the time being, I'll post my thoughts in bullets:
  • My acid reflux seems to be improving, as I am getting better in channeling my stress. Although I'm still a bit anxious about my coming treatment. Read this post in case you dont' know. I'll be seeing my hematologist this coming Monday.
  • Positive thinking is still an everyday practice yet sometimes I can't help it when my mind goes astray to "what ifs."
  • Six more days and Mom is here. Kepi and I have been preparing the guest room for her. I am so excited.
  • This weekend, we'll be moving in some furniture. Fun stuff!
  • Cleaned my closet last night and put away the summer clothes. Sweaters, knee-high socks and coats are in!
  • I smell Apple picking season.
  • Grad school is going well. I just need to catch up on some of my readings.
  • I badly miss coffee. Coffee is a no, no if you have acid reflux. 
I hope everyone is doing well and that we're all looking forward to October.

5 comments:

  1. Hope your treatment goes well. Glad to hear your acid reflux is improving. No socks or coats here yet. It will be a while. Have a great weekend and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish you well with your coming treatment... :)
    my prayers are for you.. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care and I hope the treatment is what's going to cure you.

    Enjoy your time with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get well soon! My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are doing well. I keep you in my thoughts always. I will be moving to DC at the end of the year/beginning of 2012. We should possibly try to get together when you are able to and feel up to it.

    I have never had acid reflux, but I know people who have. I was diagnosed just recently with Barrett's esophagus, which is caused by severe, chronic GERD and may lead to cancer. Ironic that I've never had Gerd. Another worry :( Don't be afraid to ask your doctor for a upper GI scope (endoscopy) if your reflux gets worse after treatment.

    Stay positive and strong!

    ReplyDelete