Saturday, January 14, 2012

What's Keeping Me Busy?

So what exactly is keeping me busy? Two words - textbooks and a cat.

Next week, I'm plunging back to grad school. I already got most of my textbooks; there's two more books missing which I'll pick up at the bookstore by Tuesday. I'm optimistic this semester will be interesting. I'm taking a class in American literature (elective) and another one on U.S. Immigration history (core). The books are rather interesting especially the readings on my literature class.  I took two core courses last semester and the readings were too demanding. I'm hoping that with an elective class, it will make the prerequisites of my core subject a little less demanding. Or, would at least allow me to spend more time studying for my core subject.

 Textbooks for this semester.

And a curious cat.

Happy weekend everyone.

19 comments:

  1. I'm excited with grad school too. This is actually what's hindering me from flying for a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for you, Sheng. I'm sure it will be fun and rewarding.

      Delete
  2. Oh so cute!!! I love your cat!!! Sorry about all the books youhave to read!!! Good Luck and Enjoy!! and Oh by the way, Happy New Year Kayni!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kung ganyn lang ang books sa school ano? di ka tatamarin! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sinabi mo...at least, the books are interesting this semester.

      Delete
  4. oooh caaaaaaaat!!! :D
    i suddenly want a cat too :/

    i read (uncle?) Tom's cabin (american lit)... but it wasn't as interesting as I'd want it to be :/ any other reading suggestions for american lit that's more interesting? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try 'The Great Gatsby' or try any of Ernest Hemingway's books.

      Delete
  5. Good luck and have fun in grad school (I'm excited to go back to school myself!). Those courses sound like fun (I <3 history & lit!)!

    Your cat might want to do some reading too, by the looks of it =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and good luck to grad school as well. I know, Dizzy follows me around the house.

      Delete
  6. hi Kayni! this shows nu kasatnu ak ka-lukewarm with things i do. ah, i should learn a lot from you.. we've been planning on buying one big bookshelf for all our books and i intend to buy a series for sooae to put her eyes on like what my parents did to us. they're going to be definitely american classics...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea. Also, just by having books available at home makes someone get interested to read. It will also make SooAe love books at a very early age.

      Delete
  7. i was looking at your textbooks. i've already read seven of them. happy reading, kayni. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angeli. I've already started reading them. I'm sure I'll find a book or two I'd love.

      Delete
  8. Ha ha the cat looks so cute. I am sure having him in your lap will help you study better. Or maybe not :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh if I have her on my lap, I'll end up napping as well. She's so soft and cuddly.

      Delete
  9. Those books are interesting. I wish I have a personal library full of books! ♥

    ReplyDelete