Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Jardin Botanique Montreal

On our second day in Canada, we explored Montreal. One of our stops is the Jardin Botanique, and this is my second time visiting this place.  I was very excited to show Kepi around, as this is his first time visiting Montreal.

Montreal has a feel. Yup, French feel. We bought our tickets here. I forgot how much they were.
Kepi and I thought the Insectarium is way cool.
I would freak out if I see something this big crawling.
A robot dinosaur? Perhaps.
Another robot dinosaur that really intrigued me.
We were so lucky that these water lilies were in bloom when we visited. Here's one waiting for its time to bloom.
Such beauty, such elegance. It looks like she's ready to go ballroom dancing tonight.
I think this is my favorite area - the Chinese Garden. The building backdrop is the Friendship Hall.
The water lilies and their beautiful pink flowers.
These red lanterns remind me of New Year.
Friendship Hall
A glimpse of The Dream Lake Garden designed by Le Weihzong.
Did you know that the grey rocks used on this lake came from the Tai Lake of China?
I love this walkway especially with the red lanterns.
A boat floats as the Tower of Condensing Clouds keeps watch.
I find this place perfect for meditation or a retreat.
Kepi and I at the Springtime Courtyard. Yes, note those newly weds at the back. It's actually my first time seeing that they're in our photo and sort of centered too.

We had a wonderful time at Jardin Botanique, so if you happen to be dropping by Montreal, do try to visit. It's easily accessible by Metro, but we drove this time which isn't that bad in terms of traffic.

3 comments:

  1. I love the water lilies and the Chinese garden :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Onyxx, I love the lilies and the Chinese garden is my favorite part of the park.

      Delete
  2. You have such beautiful pictures of that park in Montreal! I think I would love to visit that given the chance. I've updated my blog, and pretty soon, might go back to real writing. This time, some words flew in there so if you wanna visit. *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete