Friday, October 17, 2014

Mont-Tremblant

After an eight hour drive from Maryland to Quebec, we woke up pretty late the next day. It was the first time in months we woke up faraway from home. It's a weird feeling. I guess that's the effect of being quarantined in a hospital for months.

Although we barely could open our eyes, we stumbled our way to the nearest Tim Horton, had some breakfast and started the car to Mont-Tremblant.

The road to Mont-Tremblant. I imagined it would have been prettier in winter.
We parked near this flower bed.

Stopped by the Post Office to pick up Canadian stamps and send out postcards to family and friends.
Walked for a while and we came upon this sleepy dog guarding an art shop. I think this dog could be fired for sleeping...just kidding.
The name of this lake escapes me but it was a picturesque day at the Laurentian Mountains.

This dog enjoyed a good swim and went back to the water several times while we were there. We even managed to chat with the owner.
Moose fountain
A deer crosses our path.
Mont-Tremblant village

While we couldn't do some hiking at Mont-Tremblant, blame it on my achy legs and weak system, we certainly enjoyed driving around the area. I'd love to come see this place in winter and maybe learn to snowboard or ski.

10 comments:

  1. Such picturesque settings ... so soothing and relaxing. I love the picture of the deer crossing, not every day one sees a deer especially in an urban jungle metropolis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daphne, We were surprised to see that deer too. Not to mention he just crossed our path without even looking at us. It was like a mind your business day.

      Delete
  2. I especially like the photo of the deer crossing the road. (I never get my camera out fast enough for shots like that.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo(e), Sometimes I feel the same - not being able to get my camera when something cool happens. I got lucky that day.

      Delete
  3. It looks very pretty. Hope you enjoyed your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Loree, Yes, we certainly did. Our first official vacation of the year.

      Delete
  4. That dog swimming is co cute. I'm supposed to ask something about your etsy but I end up reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, that dog is cute and very friendly. Well, if you remember your question, ask away.

      Delete
  5. Your travels never fail to amaze me Kayni. And I always love your shots. :) mont-tremblant is beautiful. You captured it so effortlessly. just had to update reading your posts and Im glad how you're progressing after the transplant. :)

    ReplyDelete