Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Ireland: Driving Through The Connemara Loop

To pick up where I left off before I went on my unplanned hiatus from blogging, I'll continue featuring photos I took from our May 2015 vacation to Ireland.

In Galway, we stayed at a B&B called Periwinkle. Our host, Joan, was great and so helpful in providing maps and directions regarding our travel plans there. For our drive, we followed the Connemara Loop.

Although it rained on and off during our drive, I managed to capture (I think!) the essence and beauty of the scenic Connemara National Park. We planned Connemara National Park to be a full day of driving, but the area is so beautiful that each turn is a delight. We had to make so many stops.

DSC_0337
We passed through this area on our way to Killary Fjord.
DSC_0336
A cutie was actually observing me when I got off our car to take some photos.
DSC_0317
Kepi and I sat here for a long time. The fairy island looks so inviting and the view was calming and beautiful.
DSC_0258
Irish Blackface Sheep grazing nearby.
At the Connemara National Park, it was the emerald open fields and mountains that spoke to me. Located on the West Coast of Ireland, this place have survived time and the lashing of the Atlantic wind. It is wild and I absolutely love it!

I am linking with Skywatch Friday.

23 comments:

  1. Ireland is so beautiful. It was indeed a memorable trip. That Fairy Island was so lovely. Thanks for sharing Kayni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lei. I love Ireland and I'd love to go back again.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness. We've been scoping out packaged tours to Ireland and most of them provide a manual car. Did you drive a manual car? Lucky for us there's an Irish airline that flies direct from SFO now. Idk when I'll fulfill my Irish dreams.

    Did you know that Ireland was my first dream destination? Ever since I was in PI and even knew I would be traveling someday I always wanted to see the rolling hills and the dramatic cliffs of Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we drove a manual car. You can always upgrade to an automatic but it will cost you about 12 Euros per day. Driving manual on the wrong side of the road is freaky and fun. I'm sure you'll see Ireland if not sooner, later.

      Delete
  3. Hello, the scenery and park are beautiful. I love the cute sheep! Enjoy your day and the weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, eileeninmd. Yes, that lamb is really cute. Have a great weekend as well.

      Delete
  4. beautiful pics of a stunning picturesque area I passed thru there a few years ago and really regret that I never took more photos

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the intense green of the vegetation and how rugged the land looks and the exotic goats are wonderful also. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Connemara was my favorite place in Ireland. I loved it! Your photos are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it too. I long to visit Ireland. I just wish I didn't have to go to work and could just travel around the world. You captured this wild place beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Loree. That's what I keep telling myself - I wish I could travel full time.

      Delete
  8. Again, very good photos, Kayni! What camera do you use? But then I believe it's not really the camera, it's you who has a good eye. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow Ireland must have been so cold..love the photography of this post..

    http://jehanmohammad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hubby and I want to visit Ireland some time soon! Your beautiful pictures make me want to go right now :)
    This place is amazing!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs to you,
    Beate

    ReplyDelete