Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Winter Advisory And Blog Award


DSC_0137
Taken - January 2015.

I thought Mr. Winter had forgotten the good ol' State of Maryland.  For some time now, our weather has been more spring-like than winter. It was sort of a dull Christmas season because it was devoid of any sort or form of white dusting. Then lo and behold, there's been a lot of chatter about a winter weather advisory for this coming Friday! We're talking about a blizzard watch!

I'm not sure if I should get excited or worried because I commute to work and a snow storm means slippery roads and train delays. I'm still hoping our office will decide to close and I'd get my first snow day of the year. Yipeee!

Well, let's leave the topic of weather for the time being.

---

This week, I've been given a blog award by Saturday Thoughts; it's been ages since I received one. Thank you so much for the award.


7 Random Facts About Me

  1. Since my transplant and I lost all my hair due to chemo, I have no patience in letting my hair grow. I've been keeping my hair really short since then.
  2. I work in an industry that has nothing to do with what I studied in college. Can anyone guess what I do?  (I studied History in undergrad by the way.)
  3. I still prefer snail mail to e-mail.
  4. I love it when it rains. It brings me a feeling of relief.
  5. I am starting a new blog dedicated solely for travel and photos - kayni: travel cafe. I hope I can keep it up. This blog, kayni's corner cafe, will remain as my personal blog.
  6. If asked what I'd love to do full-time - travel.
  7. I love to travel but I hate flying.
NOTE: I am supposed to nominate a number of blogs for this award, but I'd suggest that anyone who'd love to do this post are welcome to do so. Just do let me know so that I can come read your post.

Mechanics:
Display the award in your blog.
Thank the person who nominated you.
Share 7 random facts about yourself.

7 comments:

  1. I heard about the blizzard(?) that's coming for a visit in the East Coast, take care and stay indoors with a hot cup of cocoa and binge watch whatever you feel like watching.

    #2 - same here.
    #3, 4, 7 - totally agree.
    #6 - so totally attached to the city, the church, the pets, and the sports team that I know I cannot be away from home for long stretches at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually glad our office is closing. I intend to just watch TV and probably bake.

      No. 6 came to light because I've been working since I was 17 and I've reached a point that I want to just travel...lol. However, reality is different but I can still dream of traveling full time.

      Delete
  2. I love to travel too but I hate flights if they're too long - which is why I will probably never make it to Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed how you love traveling. I love snail mails too but for the stamps only because I collect. Btw, my friend/colleague has been reading your blog because she has ITP. Happy weekend Kayni!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh congrats on the blog award! I also would love to travel.. But having a toddler in tow mmm that sounds challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hope you are not affected by the snowstorm! Gosh, I have no idea what would I do if I were in such weather - just can't imagine how you must felt. Be safe and take care!

    And congratulations on the award, stay strong dear <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for responding to the award Kayni! :)

    Travelling is fun and I dream of the day that I will just go and pack up my bag and travel and travel!
    I love snailmails too. Like every personal letter is sealed with a kiss except for those bills! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete