Monday, January 25, 2016

Surviving Jonas

We survived blizzard Jonas!

It's been three days of on and off shoveling and trying to clear the driveway from snow. My arms and back are so sore and I am just physically and mentally exhausted. Storm Jonas dropped about 3 feet of snow in my area and it will take time before we'll recover.

IMG_3166
Saturday, second day of storm: the snow was up to 2+ feet. Our neighbor was out battling snow with his snowblower, which later broke.

IMG_3177
It was a losing battle.

IMG_3192
Our main street and sidewalks disappeared in a few hours.

IMG_3240 
Sunday was the second time we were out shoveling again. The sidewalks were more like trenches.

IMG_3229
While we shoveled all day, Daisy found solace on the snow and welcomed the warmth of the sun.

Linking with Wordless Wednesday

13 comments:

  1. Glad to see you all are safe.Cant imagine this much snow and freezing days..

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This was a terrible storm for the mid Atlantic states. My family members in NYC had over two feet. The high Rocky Mountains here in Colorado often get three feet of snow at a time, but they are used to it and are well equipped to handle it. I hope the weather will warm up there soon and it will begin to melt. Glad you kept power and are safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck.
    I was cruising in the Caribbean when Jonas hit. It delayed my return by two days. It was a cruel change from shorts and a T-shirt to winter boots and gloves!!!

    Thanks for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/01/eat-your-greens-fruity-ones.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photo of your dog in the sun, sitting on a snow bank. Dogs know how to enjoy life, don't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuck indeed. So much snow has fallen. It's so beautiful from where I am sitting but I feel for all of you who has to clear and clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness. I cannot imagine what three feet of snow would feel and look like. In the meantime, it looks like we will soon be welcoming spring. It has barely rained all winter and it's not good at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geez, Jonas really brought a whole lot of snow. I hope everyone's safe. Daisy isn't cold huh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a terrible storm, I have seen a lot of news about it. The snow looks beautiful though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, it was much the same in my neighborhood in Maryland. But, we luck out with our neighbor help clear our driveway with his snow blower. Your Daisy is a sweetie! I hope things are better now. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your snow photos are beautiful. Having minimal experience with snow, I'd love to see it, but I'm sure all that shoveling wasn't pleasant. I hope it's gotten a little sunnier for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry but despite the danger posed by blizzard Jonas to people, looking at those snow photos makes me giddy. Good to know you guys are safe and doing just fine during and after that winter storm. :)

    ReplyDelete