Thursday, April 30, 2020

First Day In Malta

It's another stormy day in Maryland. It's been raining since last night and I am hoping we'll get some sun tomorrow or the weekend so that I can work on the garden. Today, I'm taking you on a virtual travel. We will walk through the charming streets of Valletta. I hope you're wearing good walking shoes.

~~~~~

We landed at Luqa Airport early on December 23, 2018.  In fact too early that when we got to our hotel, they're still serving breakfast. Tired and sleepy (since I rarely sleep on flights), the hotel receptionist offered us some coffee and took our luggage (yes, we only have one luggage for the two of us) to the storage room.

After getting our bearings straight, we decided to walk around Valletta and orient ourselves of the city. It ended more as a disoriented walk as we were both sleepy and tired. Nevertheless, we got our first taste of Valletta's charm.

Flying over the Alps never gets old.


A charming street in Valletta.

Watching a boat by the harbor.


A vintage British red telephone box.


A peak inside St. John's Co-Cathedral.

Triton's Fountain



Auberge de Castille - it currently houses the Office of the Prime Minister of Malta.

This Nativity Scene was near the Triton's Fountain.

Our first day in Valletta was relaxing. We roamed the streets of the Old City, had a cup of coffee and pastry at one of the cafes, and spent most of the afternoon watching boats come and go by the harbor.

Stay tuned, more photos of Malta to come!



11 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoyed it. It looks like you had good weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We absolutely enjoyed it. We had a week of good weather when we visited. By the way, did you ever received my e-mail prior to our trip. I wanted to maybe have a cup of coffee with you. I wasn't sure if the e-mail I used was still active.

      Delete
  2. That looks like a nice place to visit and explore. Fantastic photos!
    Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really enjoyed our visit there. More photos to come!

      Thanks. Take care as well.

      Delete
  3. It's one of the few places I really can't forget. I still want to visit it again, even bringing it up just recently to the husband. I love walking the cobblestone streets of the city. And I'm dying to see the sights outside of the walls someday.

    One good thing that came out of the quarantine is that you finally get to blog about all these trips. I bet your cache is petty full.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I have so many drafts and photos to sort, but this quarantine has given me found time.

    I'd absolutely go back to Malta in a heartbeat. It's a very relaxing place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sky photo!I hope you had a Nice Journey:)))I have never been to Malta it would be wonderful to see pix from the place

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, what??? Just one luggage for both of you? Talk about traveling light. Wow! I need at least two suitcases for all my things, that is if we just travel locally. LOL

    Malta has been on my bucket list, since time immemorial. Great that I get to see it through your blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, just one luggage for the two of us. It's a lot of rolling and folding involved.

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful city! Seeing from the photos, your trip to Malta must have been one of the most memorable ones. Thanks for sharing.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete